Hello, and welcome to my blog :)
I've never done anything like this before, so you may have to bear with me for a bit while I get it up and running. But first, here's a little about me, and why I've decided to start this.
Firstly, I should probably begin by saying I'm a student in the middle of a Psychology degree. No, this does not mean I can read your mind; I'm not psychic. And no, this does not mean I am analysing everything you do, because a) I do not have the ability or knowledge to do that, and b) Even if I did, it would be a bit weird to know everything about everyone, not to mention the amount of time it would take. I study Psychology because it's interesting. People are so diverse and complex, and even just a little insight into how they work is incredible. I don't really know exactly what I want to do with my degree, potentially something with children and education. But I'll figure that out when I get there.
For now, I spend most of my time at uni in Canterbury, which is one of the prettiest cities I've ever seen. This is partly why I chose to come here, despite my dad's protests that the drive was too long (sorry, Dad). When I came to visit, it just felt right. So, here I am, in this little city in the garden of England, trying to decide what to do with my life. When I'm not at uni, I'm usually found back at home in Swindon with my parents. It's where my family are, and it's where I grew up, so I think it deserves a mention.
Now, to this blog. This summer, I am going on a 4 week "Transform" trip to South Africa, with a charity called Tearfund. I am going to be working alongside a ministry that runs out of a church over there called Ethembeni ("place of hope"), which supports people with HIV/AIDS, in a community that is heavily affected. I am a firm believer in coming alongside people in their trouble, rather than just throwing a solution or money at them, so that is hopefully what I will be doing. That's my beautiful team of ladies, below.
This blog is just going to be me, writing about my experience and what I learn along the way. It is mainly for myself, to see how I change; if anyone else chooses to read it that's great too. I want to share this with anyone that will listen. It probably won't focus solely on South Africa related stuff, but rather different things that are happening in my life along the way.
So, yes. That's me in a nutshell. If you've got this far, congratulations, and thanks for sticking with me. If you come back, that's fantastic; if not, that's fine too, thanks for reading this much. I realise this has been a bit of an egotistical post, but I figured you should probably know something about me, so you know what you're letting yourself in for.
This is me and my transform journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment