12 June, 2013

Daddy God

So, I don't really know what I'm going to write for this post. I just sort of felt like writing. We'll see what happens...

It's been a while since I've been on here. Life happens, exams. Writers block.

I have officially finished university, and I am waiting on my results (less than a week, yay!). Already going round in my head are "if only I'd wrote this" or "if only I'd revised this harder", and I have to keep telling myself there is absolutely nothing I can do now, so fretting isn't going to change that.

I am also officially unemployed. Wooohooo. There is nothing more frustrating than walking into a shop to hand in your CV, to be told there are no vacancies by someone who you're pretty sure you would do a better job than. Smile, people. It's called customer service.

Quite honestly, life is a little bit rubbish at the minute. Doing nothing gets boring reeeally quickly. And the whole results/job/where is my life going thing is kind of stressful and dejecting.

However, I know that it will get better.

Once again, God keeps reminding me of this. However, it is in a different, gentler, sweeter way than over the past year or so.

Firstly, He always goes first. I'm simply following in his footsteps, after he's got rid of all the stuff that I can't handle, which is really quite nice for someone who feels like they're currently stumbling around in the dark:
"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you not abandon you." (Deuteronomy 31:8)
I've also learnt a lot about how God is my daddy over the past couple of months (yes, I have two, it's fantastic!). I was firstly hit with a song called "My Little One" by Jon Thurlow. And when I say hit, I mean like a ton of bricks. I cried, in a beautiful kind of way...
"There's no need to be afraid; Daddy's here and it's okay. My love will take the fear away, my little one. You can give to me the doubt and fears; pour out your heart, i'll catch your tears. I've always been the God who hears, my little one."
Dad loves me unconditionally. More than anything I can imagine. I am so totally covered by that, and honestly everything else just falls away. He is big and strong and so, so powerful, but he is also Dad.

Gentle, loving, fixes-every-bad-day, envelopes-you-in-his-arms Dad.

Which, I think, is all you need sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment