To catch you all up, about a month ago I started a voluntary leadership internship at my church (it's a Vineyard church - we've been called Vinterns...). I have the privilege of being able to make this journey with 2 other amazing ladies, and I am looking forward to spending so much time with them over the year and seeing what God has to teach us. I also have the joy of working with a fantastic team of student leaders, as I focus on student work. This is an area that I am really passionate about; it really is a make or break kind of time, as most young people start to figure out what it truly means to make choices without their parents. Faith and church is one of these choices, whether a student comes from a Christian background or not, and I am so pleased to be able to be a part of that. I want to see a generation living differently to the culture that surrounds them, and I am excited to see what God is going to do in their lives, and the adults he is going to be shaping them into.
However, it's hard. It's hard to not get angry at God and not feel rubbish when you're so confused and frustrated that you haven't found a job yet. It's hard to keep upbeat when you're getting rejection after rejection. It's hard to trust that this is where you're supposed to be and not doubt your choices when sometimes everything feels like a battle. It's hard to stick it out when it would just be so, so much easier to move back in with my parents.
But through this, I've realised that it really, really doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether I have work or not, or whether I am in the right place. Because God is already VICTORIOUS, and he is on my side.
"In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (Romans 8:37)I am so, so tiny in the context of God's great plan, and he's already got it all laid out. This is constant and unchanging in every season of my life, even when I'm angry at or feel far away from him. The hope that this brings me and the knowledge that God never breaks his promises is to be my foundation in everything, even when I don't understand what on earth he's doing.
There is a worship song from Hillsong called Desert Song which sums this up entirely. Some of the lyrics are as follows:
"I will bring praise, I will bring praise; No weapon formed against me shall remain. I will rejoice, I will declare, God is my victory and he is here. All of my life, in every season, you are still God, I have a reason to sing; I have a reason to worship."I can stand firm and confident in God, even when I feel worthless. I will triumph in him.
I have no reason to not worship. Sometimes I forget it, but for this, I am truly thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment